Hello Fresh Cashew Chicken. You know how it is when you have a cashew chicken craving you have to have it right away, and nothing else will do. Fortunately, you can make this dish in your own kitchen in no time. You can have steaming rice, tender chicken and broccoli, tangy-sweet sauce, and crunchy cashews in just 25 minutes. At its best, comfort food? We believe so.
- No Oven
- Calorie Control
- Tree Nuts
Produced in the same plant as milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans. (Hello Fresh Cashew Chicken)
- ½ cup
- Rice with Jasmine 1 teaspoon
- Cornstarch four tablespoons
- Glazed with Sweet Soy Sauce
- (Contains Soy and Wheat) six millilitres
- Ponzu Dressing
- (Contains Soy, Wheat, and Fish) 5 tablespoons
- Vinegar of Rice and Wine 10 ounce
- Strips of chicken breast 1 tablespoon
- Powdered Garlic 8 ounce
- Florets of Broccoli ½ ounce
- (May contain tree nuts) 1 unit Concentrated Miso Sauce
- (Contains Soy) This item is not included in your delivery 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- (ContainsMilk) 12 teaspoon Kosher Salt Pepper
- Miniature bowl
- Paper Tissue (Hello Fresh Cashew Chicken)
Instructions for a Large Pan
- Combine rice, 34 cup water (112 cup for 4 servings), and a generous pinch of salt in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat. Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve. (Hello Fresh Cashew Chicken)
- Wash and dry produce while the rice cooks.
- If necessary, cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine half the cornstarch and 14 cup cold water until smooth. (Use all of the cornstarch and 13 cup water for 4 servings.) Whisk in the ponzu, miso sauce concentrate, and sesame oil half the vinegar, 212 tablespoons sweet soy glaze, and 12 teaspoon sugar (Use all of the vinegar, 5 TBSP glaze, and 1 tsp sugar for 4). TIP: Measure the sweet soy glaze carefully because we sent too much. (Hello Fresh Cashew Chicken)
- Pat dry the chicken and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
In a large pan, heat a generous drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. 2 teaspoon water and broccoli Steam for 3 minutes, covered. (TIP: To help the broccoli soften, add a splash more water to the pan after steaming.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is browned and tender, about 3-5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside after removing from the pan.
- Drizzle more oil into the pan. (Hello Fresh Cashew Chicken)