2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families. This family-friendly, two-week healthy is perfect for the fall and winter months, and it includes easy-to-make recipes for the whole family. It also includes a free printable shopping list.
If you enjoy having a plan when cooking, check out these posts: What to Cook for Dinner, My Approach to Eating: Stop Planning Dinner at 5 p.m. and 3 Tips for Making Prep EASY!
Tips for a Healthy Meal Plan
This is the post for you if you want to feed your family well but don’t know where to begin. I have a whole foods eating plan that your entire family will enjoy. (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families)
This is ideal for families because all of the recipes are extremely simple, the ingredients are readily available, and your entire family will enjoy the it. If you’re new to healthy eating or trying to eat more whole foods, this is a great place to start because the recipes are both traditional and delicious, if I do say so myself.
I should point out that “healthy” is a relative term, and we might not all agree on what it means. Balance, eating foods that make you feel good, and not restricting yourself are important to me. My food philosophy can be found here (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families).
Meal for Healthy Eating Meal for Fall and Winter
Allow me to take the guesswork out of feeding your family! This clean eating it is ideal for busy families who want to eat more at home! You’ll love all of the tried-and-true recipes I’ve been making for my seven-person family for years. 2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families
Here are 14 breakfast ideas to get your day started right
- Muffins + Scrambled Eggs
- Waffles made from whole wheat
- Burritos for Breakfast (with roasted sweet potatoes)
Oatmeal (with frozen berries)
- Baked Eggs
- Granola with berries and milk (like cold cereal)
- Muffins + Scrambled Eggs
- Waffles from Belgium
- Cookies for Breakfast (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families)
- Overnight Oatmeal or Oatmeal
- Baked Eggs
- Granola with berries and milk
Make a double batch of waffles and pancakes the first day and freeze half for the next.when you intend to serve them for breakfast Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating in the toaster. As simple as it gets! (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families)
Here are some quick and easy lunch ideas for your family that you can make at home or take with you to work, school, or the park.
- Lunchables made from scratch
- Sandwiches with peanut butter and honey
- Lunchbox Ideas for Sandwiches on a Stick
- Sandwich with Hummus
- Sandwich with Olive and Tuna Salad (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families)
- Remember not to overthink your lunch! I believe this should be a simple daytime.
2 Weeks of Dinners for The Whole Family
Dinner is the most difficult of the day because everyone is tired and there is still a lot to do (homework, sports practice, baths, bedtime, cleanup, etc.). Here’s mine:Easy plan for fall and winter dinners that will take the stress out of getting the day’s final on the table! They’re filling and will keep you warm from the inside out during the colder months. 2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families
- Day 1: Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
- Ground Beef Enchiladas on Day 2
- Tortellini and Vegetable Soup on Day 3
- Day 4: Stroganoff with ground beef
- Day 5: Cooked Chicken and Rice
- 6th Day: Sticky Chicken Legs
- Day 7: Eat out/leftovers (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families)
- Day 1: Whole Slow Cooker Chicken (use leftovers for chicken tetrazzini night)
- Day 2: Pork tacos from the slow cooker
- Day 3: Tetrazzini di Chicken
- Day 4: Potato Corn Chowder in the Slow Cooker
- Day 5: Curry with Pumpkin and Cauliflower
- Chili on Day 6 as well as cornbread
- Day 7: Eat out/leftovers
Because there aren’t as many fresh options available in the winter as there are in the summer, I rely heavily on frozen vegetables. Consider adding baked or roasted potatoes, roasted fresh vegetables, steamed frozen vegetables, or making a simple side salad (with a great dressing) to your. 2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families
Hard squashes like butternut, spaghetti, and acorn, as well as dark greens like Brussels sprouts, kale, and cabbage, are in season.
Winter fruits include apples, pomegranates, oranges, and other citrus fruits. Summer berries and peaches are also delicious frozen (2 Week Meal Planning Ideas for Families).